7 Memories: Write Your Awesome Obituary
Obit samples and examples
Memoir service wishes
Access to important papers
Help another write an obit
Bring Your Obit to LIFE! While you are still here on earth, write your obituary. You will be doing your loved ones a big favor—and you will be ensuring your message is spoken … as if from the other side.
Benefits of Writing Your Obituary
- Shows your love and provides an opportunity for closeness.
- Leads to a better understanding of oneself.
- Leads to a greater realization of your personal power.
- Offers a message to future generations and teaches positive values.
- Teaches new skills including how to organize and write your thoughts–and how to inform others.
- Offers your own words about your personal story and how you want to be remembered.
To begin, it takes only an hour or so. Then you can refine it over time. That way you ensure that all those who are important to you are mentioned and no one is omitted by mistake.
7 Memories: Write Your Awesome Obituary guides you in writing an awesome obituary, modeled after the prestigious New York Times obits. Right now, you have the time and wherewithal to relate accurate facts about your life.
You can involve your loved ones in the process at some stage or simply share the finished obit with them. And, you can add details and directions about your desired distribution and memorial service. Your obit is the ideal foundation for writing your eulogy. In essence, you will be at your memorial service as the director … with your wishes and your words. You can even make an audio or video of your last words dedicated to those you love.